Thursday, December 27, 2012

Almost a new year

It is almost 2013 so I thought I would give an update on our family!

Lily who is 7 1/2 got lots of horses for Christmas. She also got a new American girl doll. I love to see how she is changing with age. A year ago, she had no interest in dolls, but now she loves the story lines that she can create with the dolls. She also loves all of the Just Dance games on the Wii and our new karaoke machine. Lily has been busy for the past few months learning how to sing properly. We have loved watching her perform. Next we are going back to practicing our violin.
Eli is almost 6 1/2...about another month. He loves the new camera he got for Christmas. He also loves drawing and building things. He really has an artistic side. He did singing lessons with Lily also over the last two months and that really helped him with his shy personality. December was a big month for him. He learned how to tie his shoes and started reading much better. We are thinking about doing swim lessons soon. He really wants to learn how to ride his bike and swim this year.

Valerie is about to turn 5 years old in just 5 more weeks! She is getting big. She loves her dolls. She always has. She is my most girly and delicate child. However, her humor is all her Daddies...need I say more! "Burp!" She just did ballet and loved it. She was still very shy on stage and not the most graceful, but she loved it! She also wants to learn to ride her bike and swim this year.


Caleb is 3years old and has fallen in love with singing and dancing. I would not have guessed that a few months ago. Now he is the first to ask to dance or do karaoke. He is still the most boyish though and loves balls and cars. He goes to preschool now and loves it. He is getting so social as long as nobody takes anything from him. Then he needs a little break. Oh and he loves his naps.

Daphne is 2 1/2 now and such a ball of energy and way too clever for her own good. The other day we told her she could bring her blankie with us on a car ride. She came to me with it and a big grin. She said, "I just bring my blankie." I look at the blankie and there is light shining through. She has hidden my ipod in it so that she could also take that on the trip. Daphne loves singing every song and nursery rhyme. She loves counting until she gets to those tricky teen numbers and mixes them all up. It is cute.

As for Jason and I, Jason is still the manager of Oxifresh, but he also started a new job at Office Concepts. He does printer and computer repair there. He is also still doing college classes so he is super busy. We are proud of all of his hard work for our family. I am doing good. Mostly exhausted with five kids, but I love it! I love homeschooling even though I feel very exhausted this year with so many learning needs to meet. I am also tutoring every Monday at CC. This year, my goal is to find extra ways to bring in money and get us a new bigger house. A girl can dream!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Gretchen, I love reading about and seeing your family adventures on facebook and your blog. You and Jason are wonderful, amazing parents. Your children, all 5 of them, are blessed, blessed, blessed to have committed, involved and loving parents. Keep clinging to the Rock and thank you for sharing your amazing life.

    ReplyDelete