Monday, March 17, 2014

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Happy St. Patrick's Day! I love holidays! I love studying where the holiday came from. However, I also love the simple adventures and memories that can be made out of each special day. People are drawn to fantasy books. We like fiction. It is fun to dream of far off worlds and crazy stories that could never happen. I have always loved that. When I was a child, I even use to day dream about ants and would name the different trees that they lived at. Imagining what they might be up to each day. Really that is how each Disney movie has been made: someone's imagination! 

On Saturday morning, my girls woke up to a poem. I think a little leprechaun was reminding them to try to trap him! 

Lily loves a challenge!! She made this trap with her friend, Boston! They made it so that he would fall into a tunnel and land inside with no way out! 


Lily wanted to make sure that the Leprechaun wouldn't be angry so she decorated inside the trap so he would have things to do overnight! Isn't she thoughtful! 


Valerie, Bristol, and Daphne made their trap with little doll house stairs that led him in and then he would get stuck inside!

On Sunday morning, the leprechaun left them a game of sorts. He asked them questions and the whole family enjoyed spending time talking and laughing over these! I love family building activities!



On Monday, we had to wake Lily up because the other girls were excited to see if they had trapped the leprechaun. Unfortunately, we didn't! He was too clever for us. He did leave us with a sweet note and then clues!!!! We got to start our morning with a treasure hunt! 


The clues took us all over the house. The leprechuan was in our bathroom. He drove our car. He even took a nap in the bunk bed above Daphne's bed! Wow! It was so much fun! 


I would show you the treasure they found, but the girls want to show their friends themselves! I guess we will have to try to trap that leprechaun again next year! :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment